I love to speak and share my knowledge and experiences at conferences. I usually speak about front end related topics, currently focusing on best practices, responsive and mobile web design as well as performance and how to build faster sites. Sometimes my talks can be technical and explain a technology and how to best use it, other talks are written in a broader fashion to only provide an overview on a certain topic. I enjoy both kinds of talks and it will partially depend on your audience, which kind of presentation will be the better fit. Sounds good? Please reach out and send me an email.
Web Design & Development Workshops
Besides speaking at events, I develop and host workshops and hands-on training at conferences, public events or in-house for the teams in your corporation.
Workshop topics include "Responsive Web Design" and "Web Performance Optimisation", covering front end development best practices, techniques, workflows and strategies. Depending on the level of details and topics covered, workshops can be run as a full or half day session. The workshop content can be adjusted to suit your event, your participants' level of expertise and event schedule.
Please get in touch and we can plan a workshop that will suit your needs as well as budget and provide the audience with the best value and most useful take-aways possible.
- Topconf, Talk & Web Performance Workshop, November 15-18th 2016, Tallinn, Estonia
- Form Function & Class 7, Front-End Performance & Optimisation Masterclass (Workshop), October 23rd 2016, Manila, Philippines
- FEDay, March 19th 2016, Guangzhou, China
- Form Function & Class 6, November 14th 2015, Manila, Philippines
- #DigiMeet HK, November 3rd 2015, Web Performance Panel
- Harbour Front HK, October 29th 2015
- Hong Kong Code Conf, October 24th 2015 – Your Web Performance is 💩, Slideshare
- CodeaholicsHK, April 8 2015, Hong Kong – Front End Tooling for/and Performance, Slideshare
- Form Function & Class 5, November 8 2014, Manila, Philippines – Building Faster and Better Sites, Slideshare
- Harbour Front Monthly #1, August 27 2014, Hong Kong – Building Better Responsive Sites, Slideshare
- Women Who Code HK, July 23 2014, Hong Kong – Front End Best Practices, Slideshare
- SmartDevCon 2013, September 12-14, Katowice, Poland – 180 Degrees East, Slideshare
- Webshaped 2013, May 23rd, Helsinki, Finland – Slideshare
- Front Trends 2013, April 24-26 in Warsaw, Poland – Slideshare
- Responsive Web Design & Workflows for Today's Web, THE UX-MEN at The Hive December 2012, Hong Kong – Slideshare
- Open Device Labs for A Better User Experience, Mobilliance Meet up, December 2012, Hong Kong – Slideshare
- Building Your Brand On- and Offline, Women Business Owners Club, November 2010, Hong Kong
I live in Hong Kong, thus my departing airport will most likely be Hong Kong International Airport (HKG). Sometimes I might already be travelling and in that case the departing airport could change. If I commit to speak at your conference, I expect the conference to cover my travel costs as well as accommodation in the conference city. In return I will show up at your conference on time and present a well rehearsed talk on the agreed topic. I also like to mingle with the attendees and thus will usually stick around for other talks before or after my speaking slot.
It's very likely that you will require a portrait photograph of me, please let me know which format you'd like and I'll send you one. You can publish it on your conference website as well as the accompanying marketing materials. For a biography you can either copy the information from the About page or else I can provide you with one.
I'm looking forward to speak to you. And your audience.