Notes from "Redesigning Businesses" by Timothy Loo at UXHK 2013
published by Holger Bartel on
Many businesses are routinely failing to create meaningful experiences.
The Experience Gap:
How well does your organization connect?
- Business is evil
- Business only cares about shareholders
- Business is incompetent
The Gap between business and UX advisor
- Maybe the root causes aren't so sinister
- Proliferation of digital touch points results in accidental user experience
Long term vision, roadmap, and kip's to align customer touch points with brand position and biz strategy
- Have a clear understanding of customer and business current state
- UX vision and principles
- Roadmap and benefits case and why it aligns to business strategy
- Metrics, targets and incentives
We asked 100 leaders what makes stop ux happening?
- Politics and organizational silos
- Clients don't measure and understand the value
- Low stakehoder engagement in UX
- Lack of commitment
- Lack of time
- Ineffective communication and persuasion
To redesign businesses we might have to first redesign ourselves.
See Tim Loo's presentation on Slideshare.